Drawing as a Verb Research

The three artists I choose to feature in this post are Steven Shearer, Vanessa Conte, and Caspar Heinemann. I found lots and lots of other - non drawer - artists that I find amazing and cool but these three are the cool artists who who have their drawings featured in the magazines I picked up in the library.


Caspar Heinemann


Rising Tide

2023

pen, ink, and pencil on paper

60 x 60 cm







I found Heinemann's art in Frieze magazine issue no. 241. I don't really understand the piece above but this is one artist that has their drawings featured in the magazines I had that I found more interesting than the others. I found many great artists in these magazines, many that I'd like the share on this blog - some I already have - but they are sculptors or painters or textile artists and this assignment is for strictly drawing - which makes sense - but I did not find many drawings featured in these magazines so it was a bit hard to find ones I actually liked. 



Theodora and Her Cabin (Exterior)

2023

pen, ink, and pencil on paper

60 x 60 cm












Between Man and Man 

2023

pen, ink, and pencil on paper

60 x 60 cm










I really like the look of the black and white, the thin lines next to thick. I don't like these as much as l like the other artwork I found in the magazines that were not drawings but they are okay.




Venessa Conte

I found this artist in the Art Forum magazine issue no. 9 v. 62. This artist paints, draws, and creates comics to tell stories about the human body.



details from her comic Heavy Penalties

2019
















The Fool

2019

acrylic on canvas

14 x 11"










I like her style.



Steven Shearer


Napper

2019

ink on paper

8 x 6 cm







I found this artist in the frieze magazine issue no. 241. This ink on paper drawing was featured in the magazine next to his paintings which interested me.




Atheist's Commission

2018

oil and ink on poly canvas

1.8 x 1.3 m










I love the colours that Shearer uses in his works, they work so well together while created a chaotic atmosphere. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artworks I love

Assignment 1